Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Goals, the Resolutions and the To Do List

At first these 3 categories all kind of blended together for me, I think I have worked it out. Take my 5K; finishing a 5K is the goal, the resolution is to train to jog a 5K and the to do is to do it today (and tomorrow etc..). Now I am sure this will be a work in progress so things may shift here and there. The to do list is always and forever shifting and changing so I won't try to update that on the blog, its not really the point. And yes, I had to keep a few on my list that I have already done so that my list had some completion to it. I am learning this is my need for gold stars but that is a whole different topic.

The Goals
Maintain my happiness project
Finish a 5K in April
Keep front and back yard looking better
Keep house more together
Find my own interests

The Resolutions
Exercise more often with purpose
Bath and walk Heidi more often
Limit Facebook time
Take care of the yard
Be kinder with words
Be more grateful
Have more fun
Rejoin FlyLady, and do it
Get a hobby
Be a better dog owner

To Do’s
File taxes
Make doctor appointments for Sierra
Make an annual checkup for myself and request extra time
Eye appointments for the whole family
Dental appointments for the whole family
Get Sierra’s volunteer hours arranged
Pest control maintenance request
Air conditioner maintenance request
kitchen sink maintenance request
Yard both front and back

Now some are easier than others for me. If I don’t waste Lilly’s naptime on Facebook looking at things that shouldn't matter I have the time to make the appointments and call maintenance requests in. If I spend time finding my own interests I should have a hobby soon. So on and so forth. Some are harder; I am not an outdoorsy work kind of girl so the yard is not going to be a piece of cake for me. I am more often than not argumentative by nature and on the verge of annoyed, and that shows in my voice and tone, speaking kinder and being grateful will be habit changing but such a positive change. I will attempt to tackle these things, as well as others along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment